Monday, February 10, 2014

How I got my magenta/purple/white hair!





It's been a long time coming ladies and gents. My hair has been a massive disaster of colors over the past 7 years. I've had every color you can imagine, but the one color that has stuck with me, has been this magenta/red! Though the main color of my hair is magenta, I've added different colors here and there just to experiment. I'm going to explain how I got here and how I maintain my color!



SOOOO I'm going to try to explain this as simply and quicky as I can because I've done a LOT to my hair.

When I first went ALL pink, that wasn't my original plan. What I had wanted to do, was go all PURPLE. So I bleached my entire head of hair. I had these wacky browns/blacks going on at the time:




After bleaching it looked like this:


(AKA crap)

After bleaching, I went in with cheap purple dye and it looked like this:



I had no idea what I wanted to do, because it wasn't as vibrant as what I wanted and the first time I washed it, all the purple dye came out and I was left with icky, mucky brows. So MYYY dumb ass decided to bleach the ENTIRE front portion of my hair, and put pink in it!!! Just to make sure I could damage my hair as MUCHHHH as possible! *slaps former self* WHY U DO???? Here is the ugly damage:




Okay so I knew these hair color combinations were just.. simply not acceptable, and I attempted to wash the cheap pink dye out of my bangs, and I dyed the rest of my hair with a drugstore natural red hair dye. Now mind you, at this point, ALL of this processing had only been done within MAYBE a weeks time!! That is a RIDICULOUS amount of damage, NOT GOOD!! Here's some pictures of the colors I ended up with:




So I was basically back at square one. I had mostly brownish hair, with a giant white patch in the front. I went to Sally's and said "listen, I've done everything. I want bright pink hair. How do I do this?" They recommended me to buy this product:


This is a one step process. NO bleaching necessary! You just add developer to this tube, mix in a bowl, and apply to hair. This turned my hair from that brownish color in the last picture, to THIS!!!:
               

I was AMAZED to say the least, and to this DAY this is the ONLY hair color I use for my magenta!! I use this dye every month to do my roots and add color back into all of my hair. It's the perfect magenta-pink tone.

Now after finally getting red, I added other fun colors in too, I used Splat and Manic Panic dyes. Emmalee's in this picture because it's one of the only good pictures of my hair I had! Hey Em :B :) :




Soon after this, I was offered a job in an office, and I needed to dye my hair back dark:


I used a cheap black dye, and it came out to this LOVEH-LEH purple color. SINCE then, I have dyed my hair back to red many times using the Magenta Loreal dye. Though the red I have now is not as vibrant, it's very similar to the first "pink" hair I had. I use the purple shades from Manic Panic and I apply that to the very ends of my hair and my bangs for an "ombre" effect.







To maintain the life and health of my hair, I now only dye my hair once a month IF that. I wash my hair in strictly cold water to hold the dye in for longer, and I only wash my hair once or twice a week. I use Shine So Bright from Lush, which is a leave in hair conditioning oil. I do at home hair-masks, which I will make blog posts about soon! I also do my best to avoid heat styling tools when I can.

I hope this answered some questions and maybe helped a few of you. I highly recommend the L'oreal Magenta hair dye for those of you with DARK hair looking to go pink/red. Again, I hope this helped, and talk to you soon! :) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment